Istanbul Charm Bracelet:
This Middle Eastern inspired bracelet features beautiful cobalt blue glass, Persian blue ceramic, amber resin and an Ethiopian cross. I designed this intriguing bracelet to go with my Istanbul Necklace. What a fantastic color scheme, so warm and ethnic and exotic! Lapis Lazuli has been a prized gemstone throughout history and particularly important to the Middle East as it was first mined in Afghanistan. The stone itself is important, but the beautiful cobalt blue color is prized as well. Cobalt blue glass is used throughout the Middle East, but especially in Turkey where the evil eye (Nazar Boncuğu) amulets have been made for over 3000 years. The cobalt blue glass beads in this bracelet are from Turkey as well, hence the title Istanbul.
There is also an exotic Persian blue "donkey bead" which is made of faience, an ancient non clay ceramic of quartz and sand used 5500 years ago in Egypt. These beads are still being made in the city of Qom, in Iran, where they are used as good luck beads against the Evil Eye. They are used by people, but also in vehicles, homes and on animals, which is why they are called donkey beads. I am not exactly sure when these particular beads were created, but I got them from a collector who had them in her house for at least 30 years. They are crudely handmade and inexact which adds to their wonderful charm.
The charms include an exotic silver Ethiopian coptic cross and a unique verdigris coin replica. It is strung on Greek leather and closes with a lobster clasp.
- Turkish cobalt blue glass tubes
- vintage blue "donkey bead"
- Indonesian amber resin
- African brass bicone
- Greek pueblo terra cotta beads
- Greek leather
- Ethiopian coptic cross charm
- verdigris coin replica
- antiqued copper swivel lobster clasp
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.
* All bracelets are made to fit an average 6" wrist unless otherwise requested. Please include this information in the Special Instructions upon checkout. Measure your wrist around your bones and I will make the bracelet to fit. Make sure to give me your wrist measurement and not the length of the bracelet.