Exotic and earthy, this wonderfully warm and intense multi-strand statement necklace is filled with the soul of nature and a true passion of love and life. This original piece of artwork is a harmonious and fascinating mixture of unique textures, shapes, materials and colors from all over the world. Bursting with energy and emotion, this luscious necklace will make the wearer feel captivating and beautiful. Give it to someone you love this Valentine’s Day or any day to express your passion and appreciation for them.
This awesome heart pendant is handmade in the Philippines of banana leaves inlaid over a piece of heart-shaped banana tree wood. It is about 2" in length. Natural bone rings end each side of the necklace along with a distinctive pueblo-style terra cotta bead from Greece and tiny ancient clay beads from Africa. These little beads were handmade in Africa from earth tone clay that was supposedly collected by sifting sand.
Each strand of this engaging necklace is uniquely designed to accompany the other strands and provide a perfect overall balance of texture, shape and color. The strands include Madre de Cacao oval wood slices from the Philippines, tulsi wood beads from India, tea-dyed oval bone beads made in Indonesia from the water buffalo, bamboo tubes with burned-in patterns, buri seed tube beads handcarved from the buri palm of the Philippines, and dark amber mother of pearl beads.
Accent beads to these include banghaw wood beads from the Philippines that look like miniature logs, golden horn hair pipe beads, natural bone organic donut bead, bayong wood donut bead, hand-carved rusty amber bone beads from Java, Indonesia, pelinut cup and ring beads from the Philippines, and lime green Czech glass window beads.
This irresistible necklace closes with a giant brass lobster clasp and can adjust from 18 to 22" using the attached antique copper chain. Although not one-of-a-kind, due to the nature of the materials used in this necklace, no two necklaces will be the same, but each will be equally passionate and romantic. You may also be interested in the beautiful Passion Bracelet
I made to complement this piece.
- Natural banana inlaid wood heart pendant ( can be substituted)
- Enamel glazed terra cotta beads
- Madre de cacao oval wood slices
- Tulsi wood tube beads
- Banghaw wood cylinders
- Bayong wood donut bead
- Tea-dyed bone oval beads
- Pelinut cups and rings
- Hand-carved rusty amber bone beads
- Bamboo tubes with burned-in patterns
- Natural bone organic donut bead
- Golden horn hair pipe beads
- Natural color buri seed tubes
- Golden horn rondelles
- African clay tradebeads
- Dark amber mother of pearl oval beads
- Lime green Czech glass Picasso circles
- Antique bone rings
- Giant brass lobster clasp
- Antiqued copper oval curb chain
- Copper wire with brown enamel coating
Length: 18" with 4" extender
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.