This summery and earthy, resort style statement necklace perfectly captures the image of a calm and peaceful island getaway with turquoise blue waters and beautiful white sand beaches. The use of natural leather and unique handmade terra cotta beads add to the rugged nature of this original piece of artisan jewelry. I specifically picture the spectacular palm tree dotted rocky coasts of Seychelles that I have seen pictured in books and magazines. Surreal in appearance, Seychelles seems to be a true tropical paradise and a fitting name for this exotic island-inspired necklace.
The turquoise donuts are natural, roughly cut and polished with a wide range of matrixing and inclusions. They will vary greatly in size, thickness and hue. As with almost all turquoise available for jewelry design, these discs are stabilized to make them stronger and to help them maintain their natural color.
With the exception of the gold-plated Bali-style beads, the other beads in the necklace are handmade in Greece from special volcanic terra cotta clays. The beads are shaped, kiln-fired and then dyed different colors. For the shiny etched beads in the tassel, once they are kiln-fired, they are heavily glazed with enamel and re-fired. All of these beads have a great natural feel to them adding soul and rustic flavor to this island style neck piece.
This designer necklace is adjustable in length, so it can fit close to the neck at 14" or hang more loosely up to 20" in length. The tassel portion of the necklace is 5 inches long.
- Natural turquoise donuts
- Bone terra cotta
- Turquoise blue terra cotta rings
- Enamel glazed etched ceramic
- Antique gold-plated spacer beads
- Giant brass lobster clasp
- Solid brass wirework
- Brass cable chain
Length: 14" + 6" extender; 5" tassel
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.