Silver Lake Bracelet:
Make a statement with this glamorous and bold silver chunky bracelet! Brilliant silver beads of different shapes, sizes and styles from all over the world fuse together in this fabulous artisan bracelet creating a miniature piece of modern architecture. This luscious piece of jewelry is an exciting take on the traditional silver bracelet and will be a welcome and versatile addition to any jewelry collection.
The almost liquid silver balls are actually silver-coated terra cotta beads from Greece. They are hand-formed from a unique mix of terra cotta clays, kiln-fired, coated with rough copper and kiln-fired a second time, and then heavily coated with 100% pure silver. Because they are handmade, each bead is a little different, adding an authentic, inexact quality to the beads. Their amazing reflective property, multiplied by the number of beads, reminds me of the natural beauty of a reflection on a still lake. Silver Lake seemed an appropriate name anyway, and then I also found out that Silver Lake in Los Angeles, California has some of the greatest architecture in the world.
The unique hammered ball beads are handmade in the northern mountains of Thailand by the Karen Hill Tribe, as is the silver clasp and many of the smaller beads. The unique stylized bead at the bracelet end is handmade in Nepal by skilled silversmiths. The skinny disc beads are African heishi beads handmade in Kenya. The exact beads will vary from bracelet to bracelet, but the overall look will remain the same. Please see pictures for variation. Check out my Mixed Metals Collection.
- Silver-Plated Grecian terra cotta
- Thai Hill Tribe hammered silver beads
- Thai Hill Tribe stylized rectangle beads and bicones
- Nepalese stylized barrel bead
- African silver heishi
- Silver-plated resin donut beads
- Hill Tribe hammered toggle clasp
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.
* All bracelets are made to fit an average 6" wrist unless otherwise requested. Please include this information in the Special Instructions upon checkout. Measure your wrist around your bones and I will make the bracelet to fit. Make sure to give me your wrist measurement and not the length of the bracelet.