Chinese Dragon Necklace:
This exotic Asian-inspired statement necklace is a fun, ethnic multi-strand choker style piece that is filled with the soul of China. It's influenced by the styles and culture of China where the dragon has been an important symbol since ancient times. Chinese people often consider themselves "descendants of the dragon." Unlike the mean, ugly dragons of the West, Eastern dragons are beautiful, friendly and wise. They are loved and worshipped with shrines and temples built in their honor. They bring rain to the Earth and are specifically worshipped as the divine ruler of rain, lakes, rivers and seas. Dragon symbols can be seen all over China, depicted in stone pillars, embroidered on silk tapestries, in pictures, carvings, and writings.
This original artisan necklace is three strands of butterscotch resin tubes, beautiful Chinese turquoise rondelles, and deep brown recycled glass. Antique silver-coated terra cotta beads and antique carved bone beads are used as accents throughout the piece adding to the Oriental flavor. An awesome, detailed pewter dragon pendant brings the three strands together creating a distinctly cultural, fun and stylish necklace that can be worn casually or more elegantly depending on the need.
- Pewter dragon (design will vary)
- Butterscotch resin
- Chinese turquoise rondelles
- Carved bone tubes
- Silver-plated terra cotta
- Recycled brown glass
- Sterling silver S-hook clasp
Length: 14" + 4" extender
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.