This completely original Bohemian statement necklace is an awesome combination of vivid greens, browns, and brass tones creating a definite camouflage look and when accompanied by the peace sign pendant it makes a sort of politically-inspired statement piece. The floral patterned leather tubes add a sort of hippie appeal while the camouflage flavor along with the grunge dark bone and heavy metals creates a modern-day warrior look.
Luscious swirly green Czech glass diamond shaped beads make this unique multiple strand necklace a distinctly modern art-inspired piece of jewelry. Adding more to this contemporary classification are the lime green bone rings and the peace sign itself, which in and of themselves have modern style, but also with the symmetry and geometry provide a contemporary architectural element to the necklace. The brass heishi and copper wiring continue this modern theme.
In contrast to this modernity as well as color and texture, are the organic and rugged reddish-brown rudraksha seed beads from India. These beads are the seed of the fruit of the rudraksha tree and are traditionally used for Hindu malas, or prayer beads. The patterned leather tube beads add a wonderful primitive element to this great necklace and add a nice contrast of texture and form.
Rustic and soulful, the large brass bicone beads at either end of the necklace, add more to this natural and organic theme. These spectacular beads are handmade by people living in Cameroon, Africa. They are individually made so each one is unique. They are antiqued, rough and inexact making them very exotic and ancient-looking but they are actually a mix of newly made and old beads. The newer beads are hand forged by pounding while the older beads were cast.
The unique antiqued brown ring at the center of the necklace is a mix of both modern and ancient elements. This natural, earthy bead is made from the bone of the water buffalo of either the Philippines or Indonesia. The lime green wood bead in the center of this ring was handcrafted in Indonesia. Beautiful green "turquoise" pebbles make a smooth transition between the vivid and modern green glass and the totally earthy and organic leather tubes. Green turquoise is the trade name for this natural gemstone, but is actually a type of serpentine. And the peace sign pendant is made of pewter in the beautiful and exotic USA.
This intriguing neck piece closes with a giant silvertone lobster clasp and can adjust from 18 to 22 inches in length using the attached antiqued copper curb chain. The pendant portion itself measures about 3 inches in length. You may also be interested in the awesome War and Peace Charm Bracelet
designed to accompany this necklace.
- Pewter peace sign pendant
- Antique bone rings
- Lime green bone organic donut bead
- Indonesian lime green wood beads
- Patterned leather tube beads
- Rudraksha seed beads
- Green Czech glass Picasso diamonds
- Yellow turquoise tumbled nuggets
- African brass beads from Cameroon
- Solid Brass Heishi and rings
- Giant silver-plated lobster clasp
- Dark brown genuine leather cord
- Copper wire with brown enamel coating
- Antiqued copper oval curb chain
Length: 18" + 4" extender
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.