I designed this unique primitive tribal bracelet to go with my exotic Tarzan Fringe Necklace. These pieces could be literally right out of the jungle! This bracelet is strung on leather and has fun fish charms and a unique button style clasp, all adding to the primitive charm.
The stunning millefiori beads are historically called African trade beads, as they were created in Venice during the European expansion period beginning in the early 1800’s with the sole purpose of trading them to Africa for gold, ivory, palm oil and slaves. Millefiori is an Italian word meaning "one thousand flowers" and it specifically refers to the multi-layered wound mosaic glass beads which were produced prolifically in Venice during this time period. These beads were made much the same way that cane beads are made today, but more crudely. They have a less finished look which gives them so much natural character and individuality. You can almost feel the history of these beads as you look at them and touch them. They are old beads that have been traded in history showing their age and use with some imperfections such as chipping and pitting.
Adding some authentic "jungleness" to this rustic bracelet is the chunks of wood that are actually recycled from pieces of wood found on the forest floor. The exotic woods used to create these beads include mulga, pixie bush, gimlet, boree, jarrah, gidgee, and sandalwood. Each of these wood chunks are individually cut, shaped and sanded by hand and they are each completely different, varying in size, shape and color.
This is a one-of-a-kind piece of artisan jewelry.
- recycled wood teardrop beads
- old Venetian millefiori trade beads
- red carved bone fish charm
- brass fish bone charm
- terra cotta button style closure
- Greek leather
* I make every piece of jewelry myself with gemstones and natural materials I get from all over the world. Due to the nature and availability of the materials, each piece of jewelry will vary slightly from the original. Every piece will be equally beautiful and every piece is an original work of art.
* All bracelets are made to fit an average 6" wrist unless otherwise requested. Please include this information in the Special Instructions upon checkout. Measure your wrist around your bones and I will make the bracelet to fit. Make sure to give me your wrist measurement and not the length of the bracelet.